School is out and it can be a very frustrating time for parents. Half of the parents I talk to are worried about securing child care, the other half have no idea how to keep their kids entertained long enough to catch their breath. I’m a firm believer in letting kids get bored once in a while, it inspires creativity, but leaving them to their own devices for the duration of summer break is a recipe for disaster. Below you’ll find a round-up list of 25 kids activities and crafts that will help keep your littles busy during the break.
1. Make a bookworm.
2. Create some homemade light sabers.
I’m a grown up and still want to make these.
3. Search for dinosaur fossils in homemade playdough.
4. Make a no-sew tote bag.
5. Design DIY ribbon flip flops.
6. Make a bug habitat.
8. Play a game of plastic bottle bowling.
9. Construct a self esteem mirror.
10. Tie dye ALL THE THINGS with these tips.
11. Chow down on this edible playdough.
12. Practice your skills with this homemade pool noodle frisbee target.
13. Put together a handmade personal journal.
14. Make a puppy dog craft because puppies are life.
15. Design some homemade bubble wands.
16. Craft some super cute glass glitter magnets.
17. Design some creative window clings.
18. Help our feathery friends by making a bird feeder.
19. Practice your sewing skills by making this DIY Tic Tac Toe game.
20. Create some fun and unique accessories with this poolside duct tape craft.
21. Make a kaleidoscope.
Using Fruity Pebbles cereal!
22. Craft a DIY Pallet Coaster.
23. Get creative with this plastic bottle fish craft.
24. Have a hoot making these plastic cup owls.
This post also has some cute paper plate animal crafts as well.
25. Or, chill out with this calming organic play dough recipe.
Hopefully, there are enough ideas here to keep your little entertained for a while this summer so you can, you know, shower in peace or have a hot meal. Summer break can be fun and exciting for both kids and parents but it can also seem overwhelming and that’s okay. Chill out, enjoy the beautiful weather, and remember: there’s only 13 summer breaks until they go to college, so make some memories!
This round-up is comprised of various bloggers’ work and images. Each image belongs to the blog it’s linked to and was used with permission for the purpose of this post.
Latest posts by Brittany (see all)
- Kid-Free Weekend Getaway Itineraries Within 300km of Montreal #Sponsored - December 7, 2017
- 6 Ways to Save Money on Car Repairs #Sponsored - November 27, 2017
- 2017 Holiday Gift Guide – Editor’s Picks #AVeryCdnXmas - November 13, 2017