Last updated on June 26th, 2017 at 11:18 am
Let’s start with a story about vanilla. My husband’s grandfather travels through the US and Mexico for the winter, what we Canadians call a snow bird. He knows I love baking and asked if I wanted pure vanilla from Mexico, I said sure grab me the biggest container you can find. Fast forward to the spring and he give me a friggen gallon of vanilla. Let me tell you, it’s the best I’ve ever had and makes the most delicious vanilla ice cream.
1/2 cup white sugar
3 heaping tablespoons of cocoa powder
1/4 cup cornstarch
Pinch of salt
2 3/4 cup milk
2 tablespoons butter
1 tsp vanilla
Add salt and sugar to heavy bottom sauce pan. Sift cocoa and cornstarch over pan. I use my fancy fine mesh strainer because I refuse to by a sifter thingy. Mix all the dry ingredients together
Whisk in milk, don’t panic, the bubbles you create during stirring will disappear when the pudding thickens. Pudding magic. Cook over med / high heat until it coats the back of a spoon. Remove from heat and stir in butter and vanilla.
Cover with plastic wrap to prevent pudding skin from forming. Like even the word pudding skin makes me gag….Omg like who eats skin, I feel faint. Time to eat warm pudding and make myself feel better. Alternatively, you can cool and refrigerate for up to a week.
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3 heaping tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- Pinch of salt
- 2 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Add salt and sugar to heavy bottom sauce pan
- Sift cocoa and cornstarch over pan.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together
- Whisk in milk, don't panic, the bubbles you create during stirring will disappear when the pudding thickens.
- Cook over med / high heat until it coats the back of a spoon.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter and vanilla.
- Eat warm or let cool, then refrigerate for up to one week.
- Cover with plastic wrap to prevent pudding skin from forming.
- Simple Chewy Oatmeal Cookies - January 27, 2016
- Everyday Cake Recipe – Ricotta Bundt - January 21, 2016
- Super Simple 5 Minute Chocolate Pudding - January 13, 2016
Leave a Reply